The Singapore Chicken Rice is a legend in its own right and it is probably one of the few dishes that a newcomer, tourist has to try upon arrival...
It will also be a safe haven, when anything else seems foreign, a real comfort food for your tastebuds.
What possibly could be exciting in having chicken & rice?
It is an on-going debate, but it might have to do with the fact that, when properly made, the rice has been cooked in a fragrant, chicken-flavored, slightly herbal broth, making it delicious on its own.
The chicken will be served steamed or roasted, but will have conserved in its full juicyness. The true amateur will dip the chicken pieces in a chili/soy sauce mix, giving it a spicy pop.
The vegetables, served on the side, usually Kai Lan with Oyster sauce, will bring a satisfactory green goodness to complement this meety dish.
Ask any singaporean about where to find the best chicken rice, and you will realize how much locals love this staple hawker food, but also how much they value food in general, because they will certainly have their own opinions about where to go.
My go-to chicken rice place would be Wee Nam Kee, at Novena, which is more like a restaurant than a stall, but even without the hype and recommendation, I have to say I could really taste the difference.
What do you think of the singapore chicken rice?
Locals and residents, where is your favorite chicken rice place?
Please share in the comments section below!
And check our best spots in Singapore
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Must Read
-
Yes, no place on earth is perfect. You surely know it already from experience. Since many people ask, here are some pros and cons about Si...
-
I always loved a good miso soup to start a japanese meal. So, one day, when I came across a big tub of Miso paste I could not resist buy...
-
I was going to fall a bit short of inspiration for what to try for this 5th week of the year, but luckily Zohria came up with the idea of go...
-
Week 10 of 2015! I feel like I have already done quite a bit of testing this year, and a lot of it was leveraging outside providers, like d...
-
The thought manifests the word The word manifests the deed The deed develops into habit And habit hardens into character So watch the th...
-
I had nothing planned for this NYE, with most of my friends returning from our remote hometown of Raon l'Etape to their bigger cities an...
-
Hold fast to dreams, For if dreams die, Life is a broken-winged bird That cannot fly. Hold fast to dreams. For if dreams go, Life is a ba...
-
As a western kid, and one from the nation of Pasteur , I have been loaded with antibiotics in my youth, for all sorts of conditions. I deep...
-
Today, i realized that: When you are giving hard work for a long time and you are frustrated by it not bringing results, you better keep ...

No comments:
Post a Comment