Imagine some savage who, in his ignorance, thinks that it is the paper of the banknote that has the magic, by virtue of which the possessor of it gets all he wants. He piles up the papers, hides them in all sorts of absurd ways, and then, at last, wearied by his efforts, comes to the sad conclusion that they are absolutely worthless, only fit to be thrown into the fire. But the wise man knows that the paper of the banknote is all mãyã, and until it is given up to the bank it is futile. It is only avidyã, our ignorance, that makes us believe that the separateness of our self like the paper of the banknote is precious in itself, and by acting on this belief our self is rendered valueless. It is only when the avidyã is removed that this very self comes to us with a wealth which is priceless.
Sir Rabindranath Tagore, 1861-1941
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Must Read
-
Yes, no place on earth is perfect. You surely know it already from experience. Since many people ask, here are some pros and cons about Si...
-
I always loved a good miso soup to start a japanese meal. So, one day, when I came across a big tub of Miso paste I could not resist buy...
-
I was going to fall a bit short of inspiration for what to try for this 5th week of the year, but luckily Zohria came up with the idea of go...
-
Week 10 of 2015! I feel like I have already done quite a bit of testing this year, and a lot of it was leveraging outside providers, like d...
-
This is cheat week. I will cheat because I will write about my trip to Phu Quoc for Chinese New Year, so technically, it's not new t...
-
As a western kid, and one from the nation of Pasteur , I have been loaded with antibiotics in my youth, for all sorts of conditions. I deep...
-
Today, someone that has been living in a foreign country for 22 years taught me that: To establish a durable presence / subsidiary in a fo...
-
The thought manifests the word The word manifests the deed The deed develops into habit And habit hardens into character So watch the th...
No comments:
Post a Comment